- This event has passed.
Whole Cloth Quilt | In Person Quilting Class
June 26 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm MDT$80
Are you curious about quilting but don’t know where to start? Or would you like to learn new skills to improve your sewing proficiency? In this 3 hour class, you’ll learn all the quilting basics. We’ll cover the progressive steps of quilt-making, from creation to finished product. Students will explore principles of design as well as the mechanics of rotary cutting, machine quilting and binding. At the end of class, students will have mostly completed their own whole cloth quilt (homework will be to hand-sew the back of the binding) and will have gained the confidence to sew many more.
If you have a sewing machine with a walking foot, please bring it to class so you can learn on your own machine. This will get you more comfortable with your machine as well as the walking foot. Sewing experience is necessary.
Class size is limited to three students to give lots of individualized attention.
Materials – Materials for 42”x 42″ whole cloth quilt:
- Fabric for front: 44″
- Fabric for back: 46″
- Binding: 1/2 yard
- Batting: 45″ of low-loft cotton or wool batting
- Spray adhesive for fabric
- 100% Cotton thread to coordinate with quilt top/bottom for quilting
- 100% Cotton thread to coordinate with back for hand-sewing binding
Basic supplies for quilt-making/Optional:
- Rotary mat (at least 18” x 24”)
- Rotary cutter with a new blade
- Quilter’s rulers (24 1/2 ” x 6 1/2” and 12 1/2” x 6 1/2” are good basics)
- Sewing machine with walking foot
- Fabric marking pen
- Wonder clips
- Seam ripper
*Face masks are optional for those who are vaccinated. We will have our air purifier running and open windows during class. Class is limited to 3 students.
Instructor: Lisa Nibarger