Range Backpack Series
October 15 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm MDT
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until October 29, 2019
This handy backpack features lots of storage and fun details. Make it for yourself or give it as a special gift! This is a great project for an intermediate or advanced beginner sewer. The construction is ingeniously straightforward, but there are lots of different pieces and several fiddly steps, so we will spend four Tuesdays in October creating this backpack from start to finish. Adults as well as experienced teens welcome. Some previous sewing experience is necessary.
1st session Tuesday, October 8th: Cutting and interfacing
2nd session Tuesday, October 15th: Creating straps and closures
3rd session Tuesday, October 22nd: Creating pockets and beginning piecing
4th session Tuesday, October 29th: Final piecing and finishing!
- ¾ yard (½ yard if 54”-wide fabric) Exterior Fabric
- ½ yard Contrast Bottom Fabric
- 1 ½ yards Lining Fabric (includes exterior closure, straps, and interior pocket)
- 3 ½ yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20″-wide)
- 1 yard Medium-Weight Fusible Interfacing (Pellon 809 – 44” wide)
- (2) 1 ½”-wide rectangle rings & (2) 1 ½”-wide strap sliders
- (1) 8” zipper for front zippered pocket
- (2) 1″-wide d-rings
- coordinated thread, if desired
- The Range Backpack pattern
You will receive 15% off all materials at Fabricate.
Instructor: Shannon Conover